Simple Recipes - Vol. 4
Enjoy the authentic, rich taste of the products Matcha Cafe Maiko has to offer?
Want to try making some of them yourself? In this guide, we'll show you how with some simple recipes. Please be sure to check out the other recipe pages as well.
Recipe #1: Matcha Chocolate
Ingredients (for 30 cookies)
- 160 grams of white chocolate (cut into small pieces)
- 100ml of cream
- 10 grams of honey
- 10 grams of butter
- 10 grams of matcha powder (20 more grams for topping at the end)
- 1. Put the matcha powder and cream in a heat-resistant container and warm over low heat.
- 2. Once it gets warm, add the chocolate to the container. Once it melts completely, add the butter and mix well.
- 3. Cover the contents in a cooking sheet and let cool in the refrigerator for a day.
- 4. Remove along the edges with a knife and cut into whatever size you like. Top with matcha powder to finish.
Notes from the chef
Be sure to keep the matcha from clumping as this can have an adverse effect on the taste. Also, please be sure to eat the cookies within 2-3 days after making them.
Recipe #2: Matcha Bavarois
Ingredients (for approx. 4 people)
- 8 grams of matcha powder
- 2-3 tablespoons of boiling water
- 2 egg yolks
- 200ml of milk
- 60 grams of granulated sugar
- 5 grams of powdered gelatin
- 61 tablepoon of water
- 150ml of cream
- 1. Smooth out the matcha powder in the boiling water.
- 2. Put the gelatin in water and let it soak.
- 3. Put the egg yolks, milk, and sugar in a pot, and warm over low heat. Stir until thickened then transfer to a bowl.
- 4. Put all the prepared ingredients from steps #1 and #2 in the bowl and mix well.
- 5. Put ice in the bowl to cool down and mix until it gets thick.
- 6. Whip the cream for about 5 minutes, add it to the bowl in step #5 and cool in the refrigerator to finish.
Notes from the chef
If you want a richer matcha taste, you can up the powder to 10 or even 12 grams. Other variations include adding grain or chestnuts to the mix.
Thanks for reading and we hope that you enjoy these recipes. If you're in the Honolulu area, be sure to stop by Matcha Cafe Maiko.