Simple Recipes - Vol. 3
Enjoy the authentic, rich taste of the products Matcha Cafe Maiko has to offer?
Want to try making some of them yourself? In this guide, we'll show you how with some simple recipes. Please be sure to check out the other recipe pages as well.
Recipe #1: Matcha Cookies
Ingredients (for 30 cookies)
- 100 grams of butter
- 60 grams of sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 140 grams of cake flour
- 10 grams of matcha powder
- 1. Put the flour and matcha powder together and mix with a whipper.
- 2. Put the butter (be sure it's at room temperature) and sugar in a bowl and mix well until they become white.
- 3. Add the egg yolk to the bowl in step #2 and mix.
- 4. Add the mixed ingredients from step #1 to the bowl in step #3 and mix thoroughly. Wrap them and keep them in a refrigerator for about an hour.
- 5. Cut out the cookies in whatever shape you like, put them on a baking sheet, and bake for about 20-30 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.
Notes from the chef
It's a simple cookie recipe basically with matcha in cookies. Be sure to keep an eye on the cookies so they don't burn.
If you're making larger cookies, you can add walnuts if you like.
Recipe #2: Thick Matcha Ice Cream
Ingredients (for approx. 4 people)
- 100ml of milk
- 100ml of cream
- 65 grams of granulated sugar
- 7 grams of cornstarch
- 5 grams of matcha powder
- 1. Mix the granulated sugar and the matcha powder in a small pan.
- 2. Add milk to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- 3. Place the cream and milk in a bowl and beat until they peak. Add them to the pan in step #2 and mix.
- 4. Place everything in a deep container (Tupperware, etc.) and cool in a freezer until it gets hard to finish.
Notes from the chef
Be sure to mix the sugar and matcha well in the beginning. Otherwise, it may clump up and not be smooth ice cream.
Thanks for reading and we hope that you enjoy these recipes. If you're in the Honolulu area, be sure to stop by Matcha Cafe Maiko.